I lost sight, but it's coming back, and I need to capture that thought, that moment, that instant, and make it permanent. Even after I move on from ministry or have them graduate and move on one by one. Because it's not just a passing stop or phase, it's a full impact, it leaves them with something to carry with them down their lives.
For the past two weeks, I've been, tired. And up till now, I can't figure out why. It keeps making me think :O Something peculiar happened too. I found the word 'strange' appearing very often in my dictionary. Why's that? After all, I never did use 'strange' this often, ever.
Recounting, isn't such a bad thing after all. For starters, it didn't hurt. It just brought back to memory lessons I learned from falling. Sharing it with others was more liberating than keeping it in memory. Because people learn from people. They might not experience it for themselves till much later in their lives but at least they have in mind accounts of those around them who have. I pray it doesn't just mean a story to them, I hope it goes deeper.
I caught Elizabethtown earlier and it's by far, the one movie that caught my heart. A Walk To Remember's meaningful, but watch Elizabethtown and it'll make your heart skip a beat. It'll set your mind thinking because I didn't think much of it, until the content went much deeper. It involved so much, that I tried, to take in what I could. It definitely included the usual relationships - lovey-dovey stuff, but the meaning I caught went much further than all that.
Story goes: the loss of a Father, the trip back to where he lived after separation and where he died, meeting of family that never met before, battling to go with the cremation or burial, not sensing grieve, reminiscing, loving, helping and eventually, realizing.
It was sad, because two kids were brought up without a father and when he left, they were at a loss. They didn't know what to do or feel. It showed me the process of remembering the moments and flashbacks of childhood, the innocence of growing up and the influence of a parent.
I watched this show with my Daddy. He asked me, "Will you remember?" (referring to my childhood, memories and photographs) And then, he gave me the usual whack on the arm.
Daddy, that meant a lot.
The answer's yes. How could I ever forget?
And Mommy, it got tough on you, I know.
I'll be praying, so stay as strong as you can okay?


So God, please, let the remaining time I've got, count a lot more than the rest of the time that I no longer can retrieve. Help me to express myself in the right way. Because sometimes, just sometimes, I really don't know how.
"It takes time to be funny. It takes time to extract joy from life."
True, isn't it? But that just simply means, there is joy in life.
"Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free."
Some might take more notice of the first half of the sentence, but I noticed the second half first. Because it's your choice. And I want to choose to dance in my freedom, in weakness and sadness.
Thank You for the timely movie God. It taught me, and I learned. I'll be walking on by Faith and in Grace.
For the past two weeks, I've been, tired. And up till now, I can't figure out why. It keeps making me think :O Something peculiar happened too. I found the word 'strange' appearing very often in my dictionary. Why's that? After all, I never did use 'strange' this often, ever.
Recounting, isn't such a bad thing after all. For starters, it didn't hurt. It just brought back to memory lessons I learned from falling. Sharing it with others was more liberating than keeping it in memory. Because people learn from people. They might not experience it for themselves till much later in their lives but at least they have in mind accounts of those around them who have. I pray it doesn't just mean a story to them, I hope it goes deeper.
I caught Elizabethtown earlier and it's by far, the one movie that caught my heart. A Walk To Remember's meaningful, but watch Elizabethtown and it'll make your heart skip a beat. It'll set your mind thinking because I didn't think much of it, until the content went much deeper. It involved so much, that I tried, to take in what I could. It definitely included the usual relationships - lovey-dovey stuff, but the meaning I caught went much further than all that.
Story goes: the loss of a Father, the trip back to where he lived after separation and where he died, meeting of family that never met before, battling to go with the cremation or burial, not sensing grieve, reminiscing, loving, helping and eventually, realizing.
It was sad, because two kids were brought up without a father and when he left, they were at a loss. They didn't know what to do or feel. It showed me the process of remembering the moments and flashbacks of childhood, the innocence of growing up and the influence of a parent.
I watched this show with my Daddy. He asked me, "Will you remember?" (referring to my childhood, memories and photographs) And then, he gave me the usual whack on the arm.
Daddy, that meant a lot.
The answer's yes. How could I ever forget?
And Mommy, it got tough on you, I know.
I'll be praying, so stay as strong as you can okay?
So God, please, let the remaining time I've got, count a lot more than the rest of the time that I no longer can retrieve. Help me to express myself in the right way. Because sometimes, just sometimes, I really don't know how.
"It takes time to be funny. It takes time to extract joy from life."
True, isn't it? But that just simply means, there is joy in life.
"Sadness is easier because its surrender. I say make time to dance alone with one hand waving free."
Some might take more notice of the first half of the sentence, but I noticed the second half first. Because it's your choice. And I want to choose to dance in my freedom, in weakness and sadness.
Thank You for the timely movie God. It taught me, and I learned. I'll be walking on by Faith and in Grace.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home